Saturday, July 24, 2010

Training

I have been doing lots of training going for 25 mike rides with the CCSC team on M-W-F, and a 50 to 60 mile ride on Sundays. On the off days I have been taking an easy ride down to my favorite coffee shop for a bagel and coffee. All of the training has been great, meeting new team members and trying to stay up with Otis. Let me explain Otis for you - he is our team leader and he will be 72 years old next week. He has ridden in the PMC for over twenty years and for the most part no one on the team can stay up with him. He is a man on a mission - I can't tell you how hard the man rides and unless I'm drafting (my favorite thing to do) off him there is no hope of staying with him. Jake (16.5 years old) has gone on a couple rides with us and he did give Otis a run for his money. I only hope to be able to ride half as hard as he does at 72!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment