Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bike in Shop

The weather has started to improve so I finally got around to taking my bike out of the shipping box that it has been in since last August. Little did I know that while putting it back together I would discover so many problems.

To start there are two broken spokes on the rear wheel. Because the bike has disc brakes and there are no pads to rub on the rim I never noticed the rim being bent. Thinking back to our trip last summer could it be that Jake rear ended me twice while I was stopped? Yes, he rear ended me twice and he just started driving!

One of the shifters that happen to be located on the end of the handlebars just fell out once I put the bars back in place. If that occurred while I was going down the road parts would have gone everywhere.

Lastly, there was a noise coming from the rear wheel while coasting. Turns out the hub has begun to disintegrate and the wheel has to be replaced. Could it have anything to do with a 38 lb. bike, 73 lbs. of gear and a 200 lb. rider? Turns out it's under warranty, thank god.

So, no bike for a week or two - can't wait to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment